Town & Gown is proud to present its 28th season of Lunch at the Forum, to be held in person this year, with a virtual option also available.
The season kicks off Thursday, October 7 with a lecture by Director of the Hilbert Museum of California Art Mary Platt and Founder Mark Hilbert. The lecture titled “A Golden State of Mind: Art, History and a Vision of the Future at the Hilbert Museum of California Art” will delve into the museum’s history and offer insight into the vision for the museum’s future.
Open to the community, the Lunch at the Forum series includes five lectures by Chapman University’s distinguished faculty members and academic leaders speaking on their research, studies and experiences.
Scheduled Speakers and Topics Include:
- Oct.7 1, 2021 – Mary Platt and Mark Hilbert, “A Golden State of Mind: Art, History and a Vision of the Future at the Hilbert Museum of California Art”
- Nov. 4, 2021 – Mike Pelly “First the Pandemic and then the “Cliff”: Competition for Students Heats Up”
- Feb. 3, 2022 – Jason Keller, Ph.D., “California’s Wetlands: Scary Swamps or Beneficial Ecosystems?”
- Mar. 3, 2022 – Mary Kennedy, Ph.D., “Concussion: What Is It, What Happens After and What Can You Do?”
- May 5, 2022 – Michael Nehring, Act Naturally: How Performance Techniques Taught Me to be Myself
Learn More and Register
Interested members of the community can visit the Lunch at the Forum website to learn more about lecture topics and speakers. Those registered will be provided a link the day of the event.