On Saturday, Feb. 29, Southern California Edison (SCE) will shut off power to student housing north of Walnut Avenue from 8 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. for routine maintenance. The main campus and other student housing locations will not be affected.
- Davis and Harris Apartments
- Glass Hall
- Henley Hall (including the fitness center)
- Morlan Hall
- Pralle-Sodaro Hall
- Sandhu Residence Center
- Masson Family Beach Club
Services Affected by Power Outage
- Wireless internet (Wi-Fi) will not work during the outage; students can visit main campus to access the internet
- The following utilities & services will not be operational during the shutdown: lights, heating/AC, laundry, elevators, appliances, and Amazon lockers
- Office of Residence Life and First Year Experience staff and Resident Advisers will be positioned at the main entrances to the buildings to provide secure entry for students
- Henley Fitness Center will be closed Saturday, February 29. Students can visit Argyros Fitness Center during their normal business house (10 a.m. – 10 p.m.)
- Conference Services in Sandu will be unavailable the entire day
- Catering will have limited options. Please contact catering offices prior to Feb. 29 if catering is needed.
What Will Remain Working
- Water, hot and cold
- Room doors
How Students Can Prepare their Spaces
- Unplug all electronics to avoid a power surge when power is restored
- This includes TVs, gaming systems, computers, other small appliances and electronics, etc.
- Keep refrigerators closed so food remains cold.
If you have ADA accommodations, especially those that relate to mobility or building access, please contact the Office of Residence Life and First Year Experience as soon as possible so that we can arrange any necessary assistance. Reach the office by email, firstname.lastname@example.org or contact a staff member individually. Prior to the outage, you can call 714-997-6603. However, this line will not be operational during the outage. Students can call Public Safety at 714-997-6763 during the outage with any concerns.
Public Safety officers will be on site to assist throughout the duration of the outage. Signage will be in place to redirect students to open, working doors.