Chapman University’s Office of Strategic Marketing and Communications recently won numerous professional organization awards for several of its publications, video programs and websites.
At a Friday, June 1, banquet the Orange County Public Relations Society of America recognized the 150th Anniversary The Chapman University Collections art book and
Chapman Magazine with its PROTOS honors. The art book won an Award of Outstanding Achievement, presented to Mary Platt, director of media relations and communications. The magazine was honored with an Award of Excellence, presented to Dennis Arp, public relations editor and editor of Chapman Magazine.
Several of the department’s publications were also recognized with 2012 awards from the Council for Advancement and Support of Education (CASE), including:
- Award of Excellence: Gold: Chapman Magazine, for College and University General Interest Magazines, circulations: 30,000 to 74,999
- Award of Excellence: Gold: The Chapman University Collections (art book) Communications & Marketing Programs, Individual Institutional Relations and Alumni Relations Publications, Individual Institutional Relations Publications
- Award of Excellence: Bronze: Happenings, Communications & Marketing Programs, Internal Audience Periodicals, Web- Based or Electronic HTML Internal Audience Periodicals
- Award of Excellence: Bronze: Chapman University’s 150th Anniversary Year, Communications & Marketing Programs, Individual Public Relations and Community Relations Projects
The website development team led by David May, web and interactive marketing manager, won four 2012 American Graphic Design Awards from Graphic Design USA, including honors for:
- The new Chapman University website
- The landing site for all campus blogs, blogs.chapman.edu
- The information site for the Economic Forecast
- The news site Happenings.
Honors awarded to Panther Productions, led by Pamela Ezell, director/senior producer, include:
- Best Music Documentary at the New York Independent Film Festival’s Los Angeles awards program for its web series SoundStorm. The series profiles up-and-coming Orange County musicians.
- A Bronze Telly Award for its Tomorrow’s Leaders promotional video.
- Selection of its Community Voices video at the Independent Film Quarterly Film & Webisode Festival.