Hollywood, green foods and Covid-19 are among the featured topics at this year’s virtual and complimentary Town & Gown Lunch at the Forum series.
The 27th season of the Town & Gown signature event kicks off on Thursday, October 1 at 11:30 a.m. with a lecture delivered by Dean of Dodge College of Film and Media Arts Stephen Galloway, MA, “The Movies, the Moguls and Me: Bringing Hollywood to Orange County.”
Open to the community, the series includes five lectures by Chapman University’s distinguished faculty members and academic leaders speaking on their research, studies and experiences.
Scheduled Speakers and Topics Include:
- Oct. 1, 2020 – Stephen Galloway, M.A., dean, Dodge College of Film and Media Arts, “The Movies, the Moguls and Me: Bringing Hollywood to Orange County”
- Nov. 5, 2020 – Anuradha Prakash, Ph.D., professor and program director, Food Science Program, Schmid College of Science and Technology, “Green Food for a Healthy Planet”
- Feb. 4, 2021 – Carol Jue, women’s basketball coach, Chapman University, “Breaking Barriers: Empowering Women through Sports
- Mar. 4, 2021 – Thomas Piechota, Ph.D., vice president of research, Chapman University, “COVID-19 One Year Later: Its Impacts on Health, Society and the Economy”
- May 6, 2021 – Robert Becker, M.M., associate professor, Chamber Music, Hall-Musco Conservatory of Music, College of Performing Arts, “How Music Affects Us”
Learn More and Register
Interested members of the community can visit the Lunch at the Forum website to learn more about lecture topics and speakers, or register for the live-streamed presentations. Those registered will be provided a link the day of the event.