The uncertainty of living through a pandemic coupled with ongoing national unrest can take a serious toll on mental health. During this difficult time, make the most of your health care benefits and get the advice and care you need. Kaiser and Cigna can help you with a few apps that make it easy to access mental, emotional and physical wellness resources.
Talkspace by Cigna
Access to mental health care is simple and more convenient with Talkspace by Cigna. It’s Therapy from anywhere.
Talkspace is a secure smartphone app which allows members to privately talk, text or video conference professional therapists from a secure, HIPAA-compliant digital platform. You now have more choices to seek counseling that best suits your schedule and your preferred mode of communication. All of these virtual services are through Cigna’s outpatient behavioral health coverage.
How Does Talkspace Work?
- Share your preference for therapy with Talkspace.
- Select your therapist! The algorithm will suggest three potential therapists based on your preferences; pick one and begin therapy the very same day.
- Message your therapist on your schedule. Send unlimited text, video and voice messages to your therapist. You can also schedule a live video session to chat in real time.
Visit the Talkspace website.
CALM App for Meditation and Mindfulness AND ClassPass by Kaiser
Kaiser members can access Calm at no cost!
Calm is an app that uses meditation and mindfulness to help lower stress, reduce anxiety and improve sleep quality. Here’s what you get:
- Confidential and easy to use
- 10 minute Daily Calm Meditation
- Guided meditations covering anxiety, stress, gratitude and more
- Sleep stories
- Music for focus, relaxation and sleep
- Calm Masterclasses taught by world-renowned experts and celebrities
Kaiser members now have access to a robust suite of activities to keep you active through ClassPass.
Here’s what you now have access to:
- Unlimited on-demand video workouts at no cost from your phone or computer;
- HIIT, strength training, cardio, yoga, barre and more!
- Is Livestream more your style? Kaiser offers reduced rates for real-time, online classes from around the world
Get access to ClassPass.
Visit the Human Resources Health and Wellness Resources page for more information. You may also visit Chapman’s Health and Wellness website, a centralized location for students, faculty and staff to access Chapman health and wellness resources, tools and events.