Deep breath, everyone.
Here’s a short list of what you can do during The Chapman Family Homecoming Celebration Friday through Sunday, Oct. 10-12.
- Chat with research scientists about their work.
- Learn how animators bring the magic to life.
- Have coffee with the chancellor.
- Reconnect with old friends.
- Eat chili.
- Watch football.
- See a play.
- Make an ice cream float.
- Meet the deans.
- Pitch in on a community service project.
- Find a treasure at the used book sale.
- Tour the residence halls.
- Eat steel-cut oats after you finish the famous Chapman University Toyota of Orange 5K Run/Walk.
- Enjoy brunch on Attallah Piazza
Feeling winded? Don’t worry – no one is expected to do it all. But that full roster opens doors to all who want to learn what’s new at Chapman or reconnect with old friends, says Andi Doddridge, event and program manager for Chapman University Alumni.
“The weekend has something for everyone to enjoy and hopefully come away with a sense of greater connection to our Chapman University campus and community,” Doddrige says. “We’re looking forward to welcoming alumni, students, parents, faculty, staff, and friends to the Chapman campus for a spirited weekend.”
With few exceptions, most events are free, but registration is requested and reservations are needed for some activities because of limited seating. Check out the full schedule at the Chapman Family Homecoming Celebration website.