Earth Day officially hit the big 4-0 today – does that make it middle-aged? – and there are several ways to celebrate today at Chapman. Whatever you do, be sure to send us photos of the fun. We’ll post as many as we can. Consider some of the following:
- Attend a Beyond Copenhagen event. The panel Food and Water begins at 10:30 a.m. today in Sandhu Conference Center and will include the Honorable A.G. Kawamura, Secretary, California Department of Food. Visit the conference schedule here for other events.
- Stop by the Alternative Transportation Options mini-workshop at 12:30 p.m. in Attallah Piazza.
- Join the bike ride to the Orange Farmer’s Market, sponsored by the Department of Student & Campus Life. The ride departs at 4 p.m. from the Schmid Gate.
- Take a tip from Chapman’s Tabula Poetica and read nature poetry. They suggest classics like William Wordsworth’s “I Wandered Lonely as a Cloud,” or Emily Dickinson’s “There’s a certain Slant of light,” available on the Poetry Foundation’s website. Or write a poem and submit it to us here at Happenings!
- Visit the EarthTeach faculty blog to share ideas for incorporating environmental themes into instruction.