- The university launched the search for the newly-created role of vice president of diversity, equity and inclusion.
- More than $1.5 million has been set aside for faculty diversity efforts.
- This academic year, five new Black faculty joined the university.
- The new Black Staff and Faculty Forum was established.
- A new Africana Studies minor launched, and Ethnic Studies has been approved.
- Dodge College has hired 16 new part-time professors of color, including 11 Black professors (nine of whom are women), and significantly increased the number of full-time Black professors from one to three.