1919: C.C. Chapman’s gift sparks ongoing support by visionary philanthropists 

A $400,000 challenge by prominent banker and grower Charles C. Chapman is met by other Disciples of Christ leaders. The college establishes a presence in Los Angeles and, in 1934, is renamed Chapman College to honor C.C. Chapman’s insightful leadership. Such transformational support by visionary leaders is a hallmark of the university’s history.  

Erica De Guzman