The Human Resources Department is committed to keeping you up-to-date on the impact COVID-19 has in the workplace, including your benefits. Stay informed with these 7 benefit-related items you should know, courtesy of the Human Resources Department.
1. Flexible Spending Accounts
- The IRS expanded eligible expenses due to COVID-19.
- FSAs can now be used to purchase over-the-counter (OTC) medicine and feminine hygiene products.
- Contact: Discovery Benefits Healthcare Flexible Spending Account
- Web: https://www.discoverybenefits.com/employees/eligible-expenses
- News: https://www.discoverybenefits.com/blog/posts/2020/04/14/5-over-the-counter-expenses-now-eligible-for-your-hsa-and-fsa-funds
- Phone: 866-451-3399
2. Qualifying Events – Remember the Number 31
- During the year, if you experience one of the qualifying events listed below, you can change your benefit elections within 31 days of the event. Qualifying events include:
- Marriage, divorce, legal separation, or annulment.
- Entry into or termination of a registered domestic partnership (Must be registered with the state to be an eligible Domestic Partner)
- Birth or adoption of a child
- Loss of other health care coverage or getting other coverage outside of CU 5. Changes to your dependent’s eligibility status because of age, etc.
- Contact: Yesenia Castillo, Total Rewards Specialist Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Life Assistance Program (LAP)
- LAP gives you access to call for support 24/7. Counseling and work-life services are available to you and your eligible family members at NO COST. You do not need to be enrolled in benefits to access this program.
- Contact LAP
- Web: www.cignabehavioral.com/CGI
- Phone: 800-244-6224
- Additional app services for Cigna benefits participants; to access, log into myCigna.com
- myCigna: From viewing ID cards to accessing HSA balances
- Cigna MD Live: Virtual Care with a board-certified doctor to treat minor medical conditions
- iPrevail- Web: Support for those adversely impacted by the pandemic:
- Web: www.mycigna.com
- Phone: 800-244-6224
4. KAISER Permanente
- Tele-health, 24/7 virtual care
- Web: www.kaiserpermanente.org
- Phone: 800-464-4000
5. THRIVE Pass- Available to all benefits eligible employees
- There are NEWLY added categories due to COVID-19; effective immediately and until further notice, use your wellness money for:
- Service fees associated with grocery /meal prep delivery: does not include cost for meals or groceries;
- Working remote items
- Home office equipment: Equipment or gear for home office work such as desks, chairs, monitors, cords, keyboards, printers and ergonomic accessories.
- Internet subscription: Costs and fees associated with your home internet bill
- Online learning tools for children: Costs associated with online educational curriculum resources to support children’s learning. This would not include games or toys.
- Web: https://app.thrivepass.com/login
6. TIAA & Fidelity Advisors Are Offering Phone/Virtual Consultations
- TIAA- Health Polzer
- Customer Service 800-842-2776
- Appointment line 800 732-8353
- Upcoming dates 4/27, 5/5, 5/19, 5/28
- Fidelity- Christian Frost
- Customer Service 800-343-0860
- Appointment line 800 642-7131
- Upcoming dates 4/21, 5/4, 5/28
7. Independent Contractor Eligibility Reviews
Effective the 1st of the year, Assembly Bill 5 passed, which required us to now prove how the Idependent Contractors engagement is not employment. We have developed an online questionnaire which allows us to simplify the HR internal review assessment. Thank you for continued patience as we work with our colleagues in Legal Affairs and Accounts Payable, Financial Services to streamline the process to review Independent Contractors.