Update: The University is moving all instruction to online formats effective March 12.
To keep the entire campus community updated with the latest information related to the COVID-19 situation, Chapman University created a coronavirus resource page. The page serves as the University’s hub for updates, links to regional and campus resources and detailed information about travel advisories. Updates will be posted to the page as new information becomes available.
Campus Remains Open
Chapman has no known cases of the coronavirus and campus operations remain normal at this time. Meanwhile, the University has adopted several practices to help keep the entire campus community healthy and safe as the world responds to the global outbreak of COVID-19.
Chief among them is a ban on work-related travel to countries with a Level 2 or a Level 3 warning. Visit the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) page for updates on Level 2 and Level 3 warnings.
Other key Chapman policies relate to self-quarantine to help keep the university community safe. Self-quarantine is required if you are:
- Currently in a Level 2 or Level 3 country
- Connecting through or laying over in a Level 2 or Level 3 country
- Traveling in a country that has been upgraded to a Level 2 or Level 3 country during the visit
Basic Hygiene Urged
In addition, the University is performing enhanced cleaning in high traffic areas. The entire campus community can also take actions to help prevent the spread of the virus, as well as other seasonal colds and flu.
- Wash hands often and for 20 seconds each time
- Stay home when sick
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth
- Cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue and dispose of tissue each time
Infection Risk Low at This Time
Risk of infection to the public in Orange County is believed to be low, according to the Orange County Health Care Agency. Please check the coronavirus resource page for updates.