Faculty are invited to apply and join the second cohort of our Canvas Complete Course Redesign incentive program for Spring 2020. This incentive program is for full-time faculty* who would be willing to redesign their summer or fall courses within Canvas.
If you’d like the opportunity to…
- Get specialized, facilitated training from an instructional designer
- Work together with a cohort to get inspiration from colleagues
- Maximize your use of Canvas to increase student learning
…this program is for you! This program is by application only.
Upon completion of the Complete Course Redesign (CCR) requirements, you will receive an iPad with Apple Pencil for use in teaching with Canvas.
How to Apply
- Fill out the application link at the bottom of this email.
- Complete the 10-week Complete Course Redesign Growing with Canvas cohort, starting Mar. 15, 2020, and ending May 23, 2020, in which you will participate in weekly tasks, assignments, and discussions facilitated by an instructional designer. This should take 3-4 hours per week. In this course, you will be asked to:
- Explore Canvas tools and functions
- Explore elements of instructional design
- Use the Canvas syllabus tool
- Create course modules for the semester
- Use formative and summative assessments
- Use some form of collaboration (discussions, groups, Google Doc, Canvas Page)
- Create a rubric with ties to course outcomes
- Create a grade center point system (either as accumulated total points or a weighted total)
- Attend 2 Canvas workshops or drop-in hours either in-person or through the Zoom video conference platform. (You can sign up for any session here: Chapman Canvas training or make an appointment with your course facilitator.)
- Allow a course evaluator to do a checklist-based review of your course.
If this sounds like something that would interest you, please fill out this short application: Complete Course Redesign.
*At this time we are only able to accept full-time faculty into this program. However, we are working towards similar support for Lecturers and GTAs who are redesigning their courses for Canvas.