It’s that time of year again—time to review and make changes to your benefit elections without a qualifying event. This once-a-year opportunity starts on Oct. 30 and continues through Nov. 20.
Chapman University employees can:
- Add, cancel or change coverage
- Enroll or re-enroll in a flexible spending account (FSA)
- Elect or modify your health savings account (HSA) employee contributions
- Add or drop eligible family members from coverage
What You Need To Do
You must log in to My Chapman from Oct.30 until Nov.20 to review and confirm your benefit elections for 2020, and make sure that your beneficiary designation is up-to-date, even if you don’t want to make any changes. The Open Enrollment site also has the PeopleSoft Open Enrollment Instruction Guide for added assistance.
Benefits Update for 2020
Good news! Our current benefit plan options and providers will remain the same. Below is an overview of what’s changing effective Jan. 1, 2020:
- Medical contributions are changing.
- VSP Premier vision contributions are changing.
- The IRS maximum allowable amount that can be contributed to a health savings account (HSA) will increase to $3,550 per individual (up from $3,500) and $7,100 per family (up from $7,000).
- Cigna is offering a one-time opportunity during Open Enrollment to elect or increase voluntary life insurance coverage, up to guaranteed issue amounts, without having to submit proof of good health.
Want to Learn More?
- Watch our Open Enrollment video
- Watch our Health Savings Account (HSA) video
- View your 2020 Benefits Guide
If you have questions, contact Chapman’s dedicated Benefits Help Line at 855-344-2427, Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. PT or contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (714)997-6686.